Ramblings · Sewing

Time out but not time off!

So it's been a while! My brain has been on a go slow recently and I just haven't been able to concentrate to blog, which is the pits. Anyway I haven't been wholly stagnant! Since I last posted I've managed to cobble together my first ever frame purse with the help of a tutorial by… Continue reading Time out but not time off!

Dressmaking · Ramblings · Sewing

DIY Dress Form

After my marvellous success with the beautifully fitting Jade Skirt I decided that maybe it was time to make a foray into dressmaking. One of the things that has put me off in the past is that I'm a totally bizarre size. I'm not much taller than 5ft but I have long legs for my… Continue reading DIY Dress Form

Pattern Reviews · Sewing

Pattern Review – Jade Skirt by Paprika Patterns

I first spied this skirt in my Instagram feed. Someone had made it with the most awesome fishy fabric but what really grabbed my attention was the construction. I couldn't work out how on earth those layers at the front were made but I needed to know! Thankfully the poster had linked to the designer… Continue reading Pattern Review – Jade Skirt by Paprika Patterns